Bitcoin Whale initiates $ 466,510,721 Coinbase transfer as major Ethereum and XRP holders emerge
A giant whale causes a stir after going Bitcoin (BTC) worth nearly half a billion dollars in a single transaction.
The whale tracking bot Whale Alert first spotted the huge BTC transfer and reported the details to its 1.9 million Twitter followers.
The whale involved transferred 9,901 BTC worth $ 466.51 from US crypto exchange giant Coinbase.
🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 9,901 #BTC (466,510,721 USD) from #Coinbase to unknown Wallet transmittedhttps: //t.co/3HRJtIdZBJ
– Whale Alert (@whale_alert) December 31, 2021
Blockchain.com says the crypto investor paid 0.00245662 BTC in transfer fees that were worth $ 115.89 at the time of writing.
Distributed Ledger Explorer also reports that this giant bag of Bitcoin moved again less than an hour later, this time for a fee of just 0.0011104 BTC, or $ 52.38.
The initial receiving wallet only performed a transaction twice and currently has a zero balance.
Bitcoin is largely unchanged on the day, currently trading hands at $ 47,337.
BTC isn’t the only digital asset that whales have been shuffling around as the top altcoin lately Ethereum (ETH) and cryptoXRP global payments were also on the move.
Here is a breakdown of the largest ETH and XRP transfers from the last day:
- 126,422 ETH worth $ 482.54 million sent from an unknown wallet to an unknown wallet.
- 20,000 ETH worth $ 74.64 million sent from an unknown wallet to an unknown wallet.
- 177,149,701 XRP worth $ 151.26 million sent from an unknown wallet to an unknown wallet.
- 70,000,000 XRP worth $ 58.66 million sent to Bithumb from an unknown wallet.
Ethereum is also trading sideways and is currently trading at $ 3,742. XRP is down 1.25% for the day and is trading for $ 0.83.
Check price promotion
Source: Crypto News Deutsch