Crypto NewsEthereum (ETH)
BitKeep wallet exploited for $8 million in BNB, ETH, USDT, DAI
PeckShield, that Blockchainanalytics and security company, reported earlier today that some BitKeep-Wallet-Users had withdrawn their funds from the platform.
According to current estimates, the total amount of various digital assets stolen is around $8 million.
- After Hacktober, the crypto industry’s worst month in terms of hacks and exploits, attackers appear to be back on the offensive as of now.
- The latest victim, according to Peckshield, is the BitKeep wallet. The security firm quoted a BitKeep official as saying that “multiple user funds were stolen”.
- They blamed a previously downloaded hacked APK version. Some Twitter users confirmed this, saying they had recently received suspicious emails about downloading a different version of the wallet, which they thought could be phishing attacks.
- PeckShield added that the amount of stolen cryptocurrencies currently around $8 billion including BNB, ETH, USDT and DAI.
#PeckShieldAlert #BitKeep reported that several users’ funds were stolen, the official indicated that it may have been due to downloading a hacked APK version
So far, $8 million worth of assets have been stolen, including some 4373 $BNB5.4M $USDT196k $DAIand 1233.21 $ETH pic.twitter.com/ZdomZGFWRO
— PeckShieldAlert (@PeckShieldAlert) December 26, 2022
- BitKeep confirmed the exploit on its official Telegram channel and urged users to transfer their funds to the official app available on Google Play Store or App Store if they downloaded the affected APK version.
- CryptoPotato Reported in mid-October when BitKeep became one of the victims of all attacks this month. By exploiting the swap feature on the wallet platform, attackers were able to siphon off $1 million in crypto.
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Source: Crypto News Deutsch