Crypto News

Helium Finally Moves From Its Custom Blockchain To Solana Cryptocurrency News

Helium Finally Moves From Its Custom Blockchain To Solana Cryptocurrency News, Crypto Trading News
The community members of Blockchain-Network for the Internet of Things (IoT), Helium, have for a complete transition to Solana tuned to improve network scalability.

  • The HIP 70 proposal published by the Helium Foundation has been in the works for several months.
  • In August, the Foundation explained the reasons for core developers’ leaning towards Solana from their own bespoke chain to ramp up Helium in terms of speed, stability and the ability to serve more users.
  • That poll because the migration started on September 12th. A majority of 81.41% voted in favor of migration, while the remainder, 18.59%, opposed it.
  • The proposal states

“The proposed changes in HIP 70 do not change the fundamentals of the Helium Network or HNT, but provide several benefits to the Helium Network, including more HNT for SubDAO reward pools, more consistent mining, more reliable data transfer, more utility for HNT and SubDAO tokens, and more ecosystem support.”

  • After the migration is complete, a new version of the Helium Wallet app presented.
  • The history of the Helium Layer 1 blockchain remains public and users can access the new application by updating their current wallet app.
  • HNT token holders can also use other wallets within the Solana ecosystem, including Phantom or Solflare.
  • For the uninitiated, Helium is a Google-backed startup that was founded in 2019.
  • It is essentially a distributed wireless network that offers users crypto tokens as a reward for sharing their home internet service with a wider community.
  • To date, it has attracted over 952,000 active node operators Data.

Source: Crypto News Deutsch

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button