Major social media platform Meta announced support for non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for Instagram creators and businesses in an additional 100 countries while integrating with FlowBlockchainCoinbase Wallet and dapper.
- According to updated blog post On Thursday (4 August 2022), Instagram users in 100 countries across Asia Pacific, Africa, Americas and the Middle East can showcase their digital collectibles.
- The latest development follows an earlier test guided in May 2022. In the meantime, posting and sharing NFTs on Instagram are fee-free.
- In addition, Meta announced that the platform will support specific wallets and blockchains. An excerpt from the announcement reads:
“Starting today, we’re supporting connections to third-party wallets, including Rainbow, MetaMask, Trust Wallet, Coinbase Wallet, and Dapper Wallet, which are coming soon. Currently supported blockchains include EthereumPolygon and Flow.”
- Following support for NFTs running on the Flow blockchain, the FLOW-Tokens by 40%. The announcement is the latest from Meta in its efforts to make a significant footprint in the burgeoning Metaverse market.
- As before reported CryptoPotato’s Meta said in July that users will soon be able to view NFTs on Facebook. In the meantime, Ethereum Co-creator Vitalik Buterin has indicated that companies building Metaverse projects are going nowhere.
Source: Crypto News Deutsch