Der reichste Mann der Welt postete auf Twitter ein Foto über seinen Hund im Weihnachtsmann-Outfit mit der Nachricht „Santa Floki“. Bisher nichts Außergewöhnliches. Ein Cryptowährungs-Token mit dem gleichen Namen stieg jedoch in den folgenden Stunden um fünfstellige Prozentsätze, bevor er kurz darauf abgeworfen wurde.
- Aside from being CEO of some of the most famous companies today, Elon Musk’s name is synonymous with massive profits for memecoins in the crypto space.
- Its influence is outside of Dogecoin grown far from where it was at the beginning of the year, when numerous imitators showed up to take some of the splendor of the original memecoin.
- Even Musk tweets that aren’t explicitly about digital assets have resulted in incredible profits for tokens of the same name.
- The most recent example of this type came around Christmas when the billionaire shared a photo of his dog – called Floki – in a Santa Claus outfit and named him “Floki Santa”.
Floki Santa pic.twitter.com/y3CTq16bGi
– Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 25, 2021
- While this sounds a bit normal during the holiday season, what came next is only normal in the cryptocurrency space.
- The creators of a digital asset of the same name but vice versa – Santa Floki (ticker HOHOHO) – decided to take this opportunity, claiming that Musk tweeted about their project, not just his dog as he apparently did.
- According to CoinGecko, the price of the coin rocketed from $ 0.000000012935 to a new one in the hours and days that followed All time high from $ 0.00000245 on Monday. This was an incredible 18,840% increase in about 48 hours.
- Since then, memecoin has plummeted more than 60% and HOHOHO is now trading at $ 0.000001.
Santa Floki Prize. CoinGecko
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> .
Source: Crypto News Deutsch