Sony Network Communications and Astar Network joint Web3 incubation program receives over 150 applications
Tokyo, Japan, March 5, 2023, Chain Wire
- Additional participants are expected before registration closes at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, March 6th
- The participating startups are mentored by executives from Sony, Astar Network, Microsoft, AWS, Dragonfly and Blockdaemon
Astar Network, the multichain smart contract platform, is pleased to announce that the Web3 incubation program it co-hosts with Sony Network Communications, Inc., a Sony Group operating company, has received an overwhelming response from developers worldwide has.
The incubation program has received more than 150 registrations since it began accepting applications on February 17, 2023. Registrations will close at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Monday, March 6th. On the following page, interested developers can submit their application before the deadline.
Operated by Sony Network Communications and Astar, the Web3 incubation program runs from mid-March to mid-June. Both Sony Network Communications and the Astar Foundation will review all applications and decide on 10 to 15 cohorts. Sony and Astar will work with Startale Labs, a Singapore-based company founded by Astar Network CEO Sota Watanabe, to organize the incubation program.
Sota Watanabe, CEO of Startale Labs and Astar Network said, “I’m amazed that our developer community is growing so quickly and I welcome the new projects joining our Web3 incubation program with Sony Network Communications. I am ready to begin the next phase of our program as our incubated projects begin collaborating with an elite group of mentors from AWS, Polychain, Microsoft and others.”
Sony Network Communications is investigating how that Blockchaintechnology can solve various problems in their industry. This incubation program with Astar Network allows them to quickly find the relevant Web3 solutions. They will combine their resources and expertise to jointly promote Web3 projects focused on the utility of NFTs and DAOs.
The program invites participants from all over the world, regardless of their Web3 start-up phase. It includes learning sessions with global VC firms such as Dragonfly, Fenbushi Capital and Alchemy Ventures; and Web3 companies, as well as business and technology strategy workshops. The mentoring sessions are attended by senior executives and industry veterans including:
- Ryohei Suzuki, Director at Sony Network Communications Singapore
- Teemu Pohjola, General Manager of Sony R&D Center Brussels Laboratory (Deputy Head)
- Sota Watanabe, Founder of Astar Network, CEO of Startale Labs
- Maarten Henskens, Chief Growth Officer at Astar Network
- Andrew Vranjes, VP of Sales and GM for APAC at Blockdaemon
- Ben Perszyk, Partner at Polychain
- Bill Laboon, director of education and grants at the Web3 Foundation
- Dmitry Lapidus, Investment Partner at Dragonfly
- Wei Shi Khai, General Partner & COO at LongHash Ventures
- Yuki Yuminaga, investor and researcher at Fenbushi Capital
- Michael Smith Jr., GM, Microsoft for Startups APAC
- Lillian So, Web3 Lead at AWS Singapore
- Roy, Partner at HashKey Capital
- Santiago Balaguer, head of Parity BD
In mid-June, during Japan Blockchain Week, an offline demo day will be held at the Sony Group headquarters in Tokyo. Promising companies are considered for investment by Sony Network Communications.
About Sony Network Communications
The Sony Group operates a variety of businesses such as gaming and networking services, music, pictures, entertainment technology and services, imaging and sensor solutions, and financial services. As a Sony Group company, Sony Network Communications is engaged in communications business, IoT business, AI business and solution service business, and promotes new business by leveraging assets within Sony Group. In April 2022, Sony Network Communications incorporated Sony Network Communications Singapore Pte. ltd in Singapore to engage in NFT related development outsourcing and consulting deals.
Via the Astar network
Astar Network supports the creation of dApps with EVM and WASM smart contracts and offers developers true interoperability with Cross Consensus Messaging (XCM) and a Cross Virtual Machine (XVM). Astar’s unique Build2Earn model allows developers to get paid for their code and the dApps they build via a dApp staking mechanism.
Astar is one of the first parachains in the polka dots-Ecosystem and vibrant network supported by all major exchanges and Tier 1 VCs. Astar offers the flexibility of all Ethereum and WASM tools for developers to start building their dApps. To growth on polkadot and kusama Networks, Astar SpaceLabs offers an incubation hub for top TVL dApps.
For more information visit:
Maarten Henskens, [email protected]
Source: Crypto News Deutsch