SXP Up 30% As Binance Agrees To Acquire Standout Swipe Stock
Die weltweit führende Börse für digitale Vermögenswerte hat zugestimmt, die ausstehenden Aktien des Ausstellers von Cryptowährungs-Visakarten – Swipe – zu erwerben. Nach Abschluss des Deals wird der CEO von letzterem zurücktreten und Binance verlassen.
- Crypto potato reported back in July 2020 when Binance acquired the majority of the shares in the Visa card issuing platform Swipe.
- At this point, neither company highlighted the amount paid for the transaction, but it was known that the majority of Swipe’s shares had belonged to Binance.
- However, the exchange has now announced that it has agreed to acquire the “remaining outstanding shares of Swipe”. In the statement, Swipe was named “the industry leading platform for issuing cryptocurrency Visa cards that enables users to instantly Cryptocurrencies to be spent at over 70 million locations worldwide ”.
- The company promised to improve its Visa card program as it works with Swipe to overcome any regulatory hurdles that could arise with the adoption of crypto-centric cards.
- Swipe acts as Binance’s “card program manager and technology platform” while also working with strategic partners to issue cards in approved regions.
- The statement also indicated that Joselito Lizarondo, the CEO of Swipe, will “step down and leave Binance” after the deal is closed.
- Following the announcement, Swipe’s native token rose – SXP – by more than 30% to almost $ 2 in minutes.
Source: Crypto News Deutsch