Im Jahr 2021 haben sich viele Prominente aus verschiedenen Bereichen auf verschiedene Weise mit dem Cryptowährungsraum befasst.
Chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsen fought on Jan.
- Aside from Carlsen, the two hours featured some of the best bullet players in the world including Hikaru Nakamura, Alireza Firouzja, Andrew Tang, Daniel Naroditsky and others.
- Due to technical difficulties, the event had to be canceled in the meantime. However, the open source internet chess server Lichess announced that it will continue on another day with the same results and the same remaining time of about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Carlsen has become a key proponent of space with its chess-oriented events and initiatives.
- The 31-year-old chess grandmaster had to go NFT-Trophies and cash prizes in Bitcoin and other crypto assets.
- The Norwegian chess player made history after receiving a non-fungible token (NFT) trophy this October after winning an international chess tournament, the Meltwater Champions Chess Tour (MCCT). He was quoted as saying:
“It is a nice trophy and I am very happy to be walking this path.”
- MCCT had recently partnered with the FTX cryptocurrency exchange, which enabled professional chess players to compete for a purse of 2.1825 BTC.
- Carlsen is also the world’s first bitcoin chess master. He recently defeated the Russian chess grandmaster Ian Nepomniachtchi and won his 5th world chess title.
- He had already secured his first world title in 2013.
Selected image courtesy of ChessBase
Source: Crypto News Deutsch